Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Fairy Cakes!

My Mum went out last night and left me to make some Fairy Cakes!  I've never been left in charge of making anything before - my Mum has always been there to check as I go along and to ask when I get stuck!

Here is how I made them:



















These were great fun to make on my own!

Ingredients:

To make 12

100g Self Raising Flour
100g Caster Sugar
100g Soft Butter
2 Medium Organic Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

For Icing:

175g Icing Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Warm Water

Coloured Food Dye - Optional
Any decorations that you want


I put the sugar into a bowl, cut up the butter and put it in with the sugar - then I mixed and mixed and mixed them together.  Then I put the eggs into a jug and whisked them together and started to add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, when that was all mixed together I added the sifted flour, then the vanilla extract.

The oven had already been set at 190C and I had already put some paper cases in a bun tray.

I put the mixture as evenly as I could into the paper cases and cooked them for 15 minutes.

When they came out of the oven I left them to cool down and went to have a shower!  Once I was ready for bed I came back downstairs and made the icing - it really was a bit too runny but I was tired and running out of time, so I used what I had made and then decorated the cakes.

They tasted yummy.


3 comments:

  1. Sera these fairy cakes were wonderful - I am so proud of you for producing these cakes all on your own.

    I'm looking forward to the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family are lucky to have such a budding baker in the house, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sera what a good job! You will be giving mum a run for her money soon. How wonderful - maybe baking is the career path for you?

    ReplyDelete